The Narrows Beach:
Broad Bay and the landlocked Linkhorn Bay are connected by a constricted waterway called the Narrows. The 64th Street entrance to the park dead ends here, and near the end of the road there is a small parking lot and a small sand beach. The Narrows are also frequented by anglers and shell fishermen that are after blue claw crabs.
Bathrooms are available just off of the boat launch parking lot, which is a short walk from the beach area parking lot.
For all Summer SUP Classes, the location is at the Oceanfront
64th Street, First Landing State Park.
Beach Barre Classes located on 31st St. at the Oceanfront.
Beach Yoga Classes located on Jade Street on Shore drive.
First Landing State Park (the old name was Seashore St. Park).
Class launches from Narrows Beach, VB 23451.
Directions To First Landing State Park Launch Site:
- From the Resort Area travel North on Atlantic Ave. to 64th Street.
- Turn Left on 64th Street. continue down that street to enter First Landing State Park.
- Travel 1.1 miles down state park path and park in the parking area to the left. Class will launch from the beach.
- Parking-there is a cash fee to enter the park. The first 6 who arrive first for the first class of the day, will receive a free parking pass at the gate. Please be prepared with cash just in case.
- There will be a parking fee of $4.00 weekdays, and $5.00 weekends for VA residents!If the guard does not ask if you are a resident, you need to tell him to pay the correct price. Non-VA residents will pay $7.00.
- There are park passes to purchase in the link below to receive a discounted rate or an annual pass of $40 for the calendar year. This is HIGHLY Recommended if you are a local-you can take advantage of using it at all VA state parks.
- If you are renting a board and able to bike into the park (or park outside of park and bike or walk 1.1 miles down to the beach, it would be recommended especially on weekends when parking lots become full after 10:00 a.m.