Specialty Summer Classes-Not offered Summer 2017 due to Baby on Board
*Mommy & Me-Calling all Moms and Children! Come out and try a Mommy & Me Stand Up Paddle Lesson!
Class will be a Stand Up Paddle Lesson throughout the calm water of Linkhorn Bay & The Narrows.
If your child is under the age of 8, she will need to ride on your board; therefore only one reservation is needed.
If she is 8 or older, she will need to have her own board; therefore, you should make two reservations for class. Please bring lifejackets or floaties (all children under the age of 11 must wear a lifejacket).
*SUP with your PUP Happy Hour: All the Dog Lovers who want to include their furry family member in everything-you won't want to miss this special class! Class will be a Stand Up Paddle Lesson with tips on how to get your dog on the board and a guided paddle throughout the calm water of Linkhorn Bay & The Narrows. If your board doesn't have a full deck pad, you will want to rent. Feel free to bring water for the pups and happy hour beverages for yourself!
*Sunset Booze Cruise: End a summer night with a sunset booze cruise. We will bring our beverages with us as we paddle along the narrows beach and anchor out to watch the sunset. Coolers are recommended to bring with you on board :)
*SUP FIT OXT: Try an Outdoor Cross Training class on the beach with Stand up Paddle intervals! This workout will be done in stations with great total body sculpting and cardio breaks in between. You will get a great workout in and feel stronger leaving the beach :)
*Me & Mom: Ladies who want to invite their mom on a paddle lesson, this is your class! Enjoy an evening or Saturday morning together on the water embracing a summer night or a beautiful morning. Class will be a Stand Up Paddle Lesson throughout the calm water of Linkhorn Bay & The Narrows.
Happy Hour SUP Lesson/Guided Tour for Group Reservation-Not offered Summer 2017 due to Baby on Board
- Class Description: Start your weekend the right way with a SUP Lesson/Guided Tour after work on Fridays! Enjoy gliding on your Stand-Up Paddle Board on the water and listening to a great playlist to get your weekend party started! Once you finish the class, you will feel relaxed and ready for your weekend head!
Class Basics: Introductory lesson of Stand-Up Paddle Boarding, followed by a guided tour along the shores of First Landing State Park.
***Please provide your own water and liquids. Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to class.
Beach BARRE/YOGA Pop Up Class (Sunrise and Sunset classes offered)
- Class Description: Calling all Beach Babes! Join a session of Barre and Yoga Flow on the beach! Breathe in the salt air and exhale your worries. Receive energy from the warmth of the sun and feel the ocean breeze on your skin. You will be amazed with how relaxed you will become and have you leaving feeling energized and toned for a beach day ahead!
- Cost: $10.00 per person
- Length: 60 minutes
- Reservation: Online.
- Bring: Large beach towel & Water. *Barre only-Beach Chair(one with wider arm rests and a high back)
- Location: Location will vary at 31st Oceanfront by the lifeguard stand, and Jade Street on Chicks Beach. The class sign up will show the location next to the title.
- Class Schedule for Summer 2017: Sunset Beach Barre/Yoga stretch Wednesday Sunset 7 PM, Sunrise Beach Barre Friday 6 AM
SUP Barre Group Reservation (Great for a Girls night, Bridal Party, or Birthday)-Not offered Summer 2017 due to Baby on Board
- Class Description: Enjoy being on the water for a fun hour of toning with your girlfriends to upbeat music. Based on the group needs, will determine the intensity level of class. You have the control of your SUP Barre practice be more of a fun bonding time or to really get those muscles burning. There is no better way to spend time with friends than on the water!
- The hostess who organizes the group session will receive a FREE Class!
- Cost: $17.00 per person b.y.o.b or $20 per person with board rental. (if request more time, price will alter).
- Length: 60 minutes or longer based on request.
- Reservation: Call or email to schedule the session.
SUP Barre Personalized Training-Not offered Summer 2017 due to Baby on Board
- Class Description: Sign up for a personalized sessions catered to suit your needs and overall goals. Your SUP Barre private sessions will be designed to help improve whichever asset of health, body, and soul you want to focus on. With one on one attention, you will receive proper SUP Barre form to guarantee effective and efficient results. The benefits of SUP Barre are endless, but with private training we can set your entire practice targeting your goals in mind.
- Cost: $45.00, board rental included.
- Length: 60 minutes
- Reservation: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine details of your goals to outline a plan for your SUPBarre practice.
SUP Barre-Not offered Summer 2017 due to Baby on Board
- Class Description: Introductory lesson of Stand-Up Paddle Boarding, followed by a guided tour to the Barre practice location. The Barre portion of class will be total body Barre exercises with guaranteed results to tone, trim, and tighten overall shape. Enjoy being outdoors, gliding on top of the water and taking your Barre practice to the extreme as your core is even more engaged and your entire body is working to hold those barre poses! It is an experience you won't want to miss.
SUP Barre is taking your Barre practice from the Barre studio to the Stand Up Paddle Board on the water.
SUP Barre is a completely unique experience exclusively offered in Virginia Beach!
SUP Yoga-Not offered Summer 2017 due to Baby on Board
- Class Description: SUP Yoga is where your yoga mat is the ocean. This class offers you an amazing experience which includes memorable pictures for you to enjoy! Beginners & advanced alike will enjoy the calm waters of the narrows with some awakening, yet powerful postures to prepare you for your day!
Classes are open to “all levels”. Students are taken through a Vinyasa Yoga flow with customized and detailed instruction for the paddleboard so even if they have not been practicing yoga for years, or if they have never been on a paddleboard, they will be able to follow along with no problem. You will love this tranquil summer experience.
Stand Up Paddle Lesson/Tour for Group Reservation-Not offered Summer 2017 due to Baby on Board
- Class Description: Learn to Stand up Paddle and discover the feeling of gliding on top of the water. Your lesson will begin on the shoreline of Narrows Beach, learning the basics of the board, paddling and strokes. Once comfortable, your guide will teach you how to stand up on the board and get you paddling on the water! We will follow the coastline on the park where you will enjoy the beautiful scenery and nature life. The experience Stand Up Paddle boarding is very rewarding and you will become hooked!
Be Prepared for Class:
- Every SUP Class is 60 minutes SUP Barre/Yoga with Board Rental is $30.00 or SUP Barre/Yoga Bring Your Own Board (B.Y.O.B) $20.00. Beach Barre and Beach Yoga is $10.00 60 minutes.
- Parking-There will be a parking fee of $4.00 weekdays, and $5.00 weekends for VA residents! The first 6 who arrive first for the first class of the day, will receive a free parking pass at the gate. Please be prepared with cash just in case.
*This offer is only valid for week nights and the first class on the weekends.
- Board Rental with Class: 6-7 spots available for those who need a board rental.
- B.Y.O.B: 3 spots available for those who B.Y.O.B *BYOB please bring your own anchor
- Arrival: If B.Y.O.B, please arrive 10 minutes before class.
- Wear: Please wear comfortable clothing or a bathing suit, sunscreen, and bring water & a beach towel.
What To Expect for Class:
- Each class will begin on the beach with an introductory lesson of Stand Up Paddle (SUP) boarding.
- We will discuss tips for safety and security on the water.
- Once ready, class will take off from the shoreline to a guided paddle tour (10 minutes) to our destination for our Barre/Yoga practice.
- Each board has an individual anchor that is dropped down before the Barre/Yoga portion of class begins so that the student does not drift away while focusing on their practice.
- Classes are open to “all levels”.
- Students are taken through a a practice with customized and detailed instruction for the paddleboard so even if they have not been practicing barre/yoga for years, or if they have never been on a paddleboard, they will be able to follow along with no problem.
- For Barre, the paddle will be turned fin side up, placed in front of our body to use for stability as you would the ballet barre at a studio.
- Once complete, we will then travel on our SUP board back to the beach.